K* is fascinated with crafts.....cutting, coloring, painting, drawing, gluing, folding----you name it and she LOVES to do it! B* has shown her how to make paper balloons and fortune tellers- while I taught her how to make a flapping winged bird and a jumping frog- so yes- she is in heaven! We spend many evenings doing crafts which typically consist of one of the many origami creations she has learned. She used to constantly make the "fortune teller" but has now settled on the bird. So after school today she instructed me that she and I were to make 19 birds for her classmates! She then realized that she has the two she made the other day and so we only had to make 17.....YIPPEE! Well, being the GREAT mother that I am- I postponed dinner to make birds with my daughter! It actually worked out well because I needed to take pictures for my blog and because we were preoccupied with folding paper- when B* came home- he fixed dinner! Ok- that's not all that special being we ate the calzones from meal swap (all he had to do was throw them in the oven) but hey he did it without complaining and he fixed the kiddos chicken nuggets! So enjoy pictures......
Start with a square piece of paper..........
Next, fold your paper into a triangle.....
Now fold that in half.....
Make a lot of other folds until you end up with this.....
Unfold that.....
Make a few more folds.....
and wah-lah! You have a bird!
And about an hour later.....
You have SEVENTEEN birds!
Have a good night!
D*
1 comment:
Kiara is so cute. This is just another layout that you will have to do (that way you can document her love for crafts). You better get caught up on the other albums b/c life is still happening and there will be a lot more to scrap.
Post a Comment