"Do what is most important first, and the rest can wait." -B. Hatmaker
So I was catching up on some emails(I am a part of a mom's yahoo group for moms on the northside of Indy- and I get emails constantly with all of the days posts which I rarely make time to read) and one of the topics today is about whether you are an Alpha or Beta mom. I loved this quote that one of the mom's tells herself and her daughter! I really need to listen to her advice as I know that more often than not I am more concerned with cleaning the house/doing laundry/dishes/etc. before sitting down to play with the kids:( I need to prioritize my time better- spending time with my children should take priority over a "clean" house but all to often- it doesn't! Anyway, I thought it was a great quote and I hope to apply it to myself more often and hey maybe you can to! So which are you....."Alpha" or "Beta"?
"Alpha" mom--the multitasking, type A mom who is just as good at helping her kids with long division as blogging about parenting and running her own business. She takes Super Mommyhood to a whole new level, running schedules, juggling demands, and making homemade cookies for the bake sale.
Then there are the "Beta" moms--the Slacker moms, who just want everyone to lighten up. They might forget a child's doctor's appointment or decide not to sign their kid up for gymnastics because it's too much of a pain, but they don't care because they figure motherhood isn't a race. They believe that fostering independence and creativity in kids is more important than classes, schedules, and exposure to edifying activities.
I think that I am a little of both.....and the not so good qualities for that- I am definitely a multi-tasker who bites off WAY MORE than I can chew but at the same time I am also the one who is constantly running late and no my kids aren't in a lot of after school activities(although that has more to do with cost than laziness)! Anyway- I would love to hear how you would rate yourself! Have a great day-
D*
Wow another post without pictures:( Sorry I will work on that!
2 comments:
Thanks for the quote. I also need to apply that to my own daily life. Mason would benefit greatly from it. Hopefully, with spring and nice weather will come more play and less cleaning. I think I just get in a rut during the cold winter months. I think I am also a little of both. I'll have to try and blog about this topic myself and see what people have to say.
Wow, you're so motivated! The Marathon?? Good for you!! Can you come rub some of that off on to me? I could stand to lose a "few" pounds ... um .... yeah well maybe more than just a few ... haha!!
Post a Comment