Friday, August 15, 2008

Payback....

So I have become the butt of many jokes lately.....ok- that's not entirely true- I have become the butt of one joke only it's been told a gazillion times. Well- I'm not sure if gazillion is a number because a. I don't have smart glasses and b. I don't have a mensa card- hehehe. So my supposed BFF(you know best friend forever) found one of our private conversations so funny that she has made it her mission to share that conversation with the rest of the world. Now before I tell you what this is all about I feel as though I should fill you in on the fact that I am not a very confident person- meaning that I will often know the answer of something but for fear of being wrong and making a fool of myself I often question whether I'm right or wrong. Now when it comes to music titles and artists this fear DOUBLES! I know very little about music nor do I care to learn. So onto the story-----

a few weeks ago my BFF and I were sitting outside of the Cheesecake Factory(we were waiting- a 45 minute wait I might add- for a table at 9 o'clock at night because it was their 30th anniversary so a slice of cheesecake was only $1.50). Sorry I got sidetracked- so here we are sitting outside discussing the upcoming Poison concert(if my BFF were typing this she would have typed POISON because she's a little obsessed). Well- as you now know I know very little about music and when discussing various songs and artists from the hair band erra- I was referencing another group and becuase I doubt myself I decided to say "before I say anything I don't know if this is a group or a song title"-------(holding my head in shame) I was talking about Guns N'Roses......wait is it Guns and Roses or Guns N'Roses.......hehehe just joking:)

Ok, ok, maybe it wasn't the smartest thing I've said but I was taught that the only dumb question is the one you don't ask- and really if you can't be honest and ask dumb questions to your BFF who are you supposed to talk to?

stop laughing.


no really- stop laughing.




Ok- I'm being serious now- STOP LAUGHING!

Are you done yet? Ok- so yes- I may ask silly questions about topics I could care less about but hey at least I'm not wearing my high school cheerleader shirt to workout in! Did I mention that she graduated in '93? edited to add that I think she was actually on Poms so it was a poms shirt and not cheerleader- but hey we're in our 30s now so really does it make a difference?! The point is that she was wearing a shirt from high school!

Wow- now that I've typed this all out- that's really not payback. Actually- I think I should rethink this- maybe what she has on me is a funnier. Ok- start laughing at me again!
-by the way bff- did you notice the song playing? it's your favorite:)

4 comments:

Valerie Stash said...

Dawn, thanks for being a good sport. I still like you LOTS even though you don't know music!!! I just wish I had a picture of Stacy in that cheer leading shirt!!

Stacy said...

Sharing my 15-year-old shirt story was totally worth it b/c I got to listen to Paradise City the whole time I was reading it. Yea!!! I'm just glad you hadn't thought of the octopus/squid story before your post. :) ha, ha You were pretty easy on me.

carol said...

Dawn, don't feel too bad. Long ago, my former roommate was at a party where she was part of a group sitting around talking. One young man (ah yes, we were young once) mentioned that he was a cop.
What she MEANT to ask him: "have you ever been shot?"
What she actually asked: "have you ever been killed?"
This, of course, stopped all conversation.
His response? "uh, not yet".
I haven't heard anything funnier since!

Mindy said...

I think it would only be payback if you found a picture of her from high school and posted it! :)